In Zendesk, triggers and automations are used for implementation of ticket processing logic. I configure them and run them, but then, I want to make sure that everything has been properly configured and is working as expected. I also want to have sufficient diagnostic information in case something goes wrong.
We use simple technique that allows us to log:
- what tickets were processed
- what were the field values
- what data was sent to external services via targets.
How it works
When the trigger or procedure is fired, a letter to a special e-mail address is sent. The letter contains the parameters to be monitored. The screenshot below shows, that for a selected period of time sms alerts were sent by three ticket. For each ticket you can see message text and phone number.
- Create e-mail. e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. We use gmail because its interface makes it convenient to filter the log and look for events of interest.
- Create e-mail target (Admin -> Extensions -> Targets -> Add target -> E-mail target)
3. Add notification of the target to the trigger or procedure to be monitored.
I hope it is helpful.