Manage agent availability
Round Robin assigns tickets to an agent only if the agent is marked as available. You can manage agent availability via the Availability field on the Agents page. The green dot indicates that the agent is available for assignment.
Agents have three modes:
- By Schedule (the app detects availability by schedule)
You can all your agents to manage their availability themselves or have supervisors manage it for them. Click here to learn how.
There are a variety of ways you can set up schedules for your team. You can create schedules for specific shifts, team events, holidays that affect your entire team, or even for each individual agent. In order to allow individual agents to take holidays or be out of the office, you will want to create a specific schedule per employee. If this is burdensome, you can also manually set them to Unavailable when they are out of the office then back to By schedule when they return.
To create a schedule:
1. Click Schedules.
2. Click New button, specify Name, Time zone, Work hours, Holidays and Overtime.
Important: Time zone is not currently updated automatically for Daylight Savings Time. Example: if you are on Pacific Standard Time in the US, your Time Zone when you "spring forward" is UTC-7 and UTC-8 when you "fall back".
Using Schedules to manage availability
1. Click Agents
2. Select which schedule you'd like to use in the Schedule field.
3. Set Availability to "By schedule".
4. Click Save
5. Make sure you have created the holiday/time off in the schedule you've selected.
Enable your agents to manage their availability
1. Download the Round Robin Agent Availability App.
2. Install the app ( » Apps » Manage » Upload private app).
3. Specify app parameters.
- Project id: Your Project id from Round Robin settings page.
- API key: Your API key from Round Robin settings page.
4. Click Save settings
5. Click on App icon and manage your own availability.
6. If you what your supervisors to be able to manage availability of your agents please list theirs in the Supervisors field at the Settings page.
7. Then your supervisors will be able to manage other team members availability.